My favorite, simple dinner is fast and easy to make. The key is having a good oil (I prefer Colavita) and fresh ingredients – even better if you have fresh pasta, too, but that’s not necessary.
- 1-pound box Farfalle (or penne if you prefer – any pasta will work, honestly)
- 4-5 fresh Roma or on-the-vine tomatoes – diced into 1-inch-ish pieces (you could alternately use smaller cherry or grape tomatoes, but also cut those at least in half)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves, sliced or torn into pieces
- 1 lemon
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- In a large pan, heat the oil.
- Add tomatoes, a little salt, half the basil and squeeze the lemon over it – heat through.
- Spoon the tomatoes over cooked pasta and garnish using the remaining basil.
That’s it. I usually put the water for the pasta on to boil and dice the other ingredients while I’m waiting. Fast, efficient and so yummy for nights you really don’t have time or energy to cook.